Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Someone Always Brings You Flowers!





Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends and family!
I was thinking about how a lot of people get down on this day because they feel they don't have that special someone to celebrate this day of Love. I myself could place myself in this category but when I really got to thinking about it I really couldn't. No, I didn't have a prince charming come galloping up on his horse to whisk me away. I didn't have flowers sent to me from a secret admirer or that special someone. I didn't have someone stand outside of my bedroom window and serenade me a beautiful love song. I didn't have a letter with a love poem filled with all the right words. What I did have, as I stepped outside for a walk, was God. He gave me the gift of life and when this one here on earth ends I will be whisked away to heaven. I had beautiful azaleas in three different colors everywhere I turned. I heard the breeze sing its melody as it blew through the trees. I have the Bible to read all the right words that will guide me as I pass through each day. What a blessed day it has been!
Let me share with you two favorite things I received from some special people in my life.
Tayler gave me a magnet that read,
PEACE...
it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.
Cyndi and Tommy gave me a card that read,
May the sun
bring you new energy by day,
May the moon
softly restore you by night.
May the rain
wash away your worries.
May the breeze
blow new strength into your being.
May you walk
gently through the world and know
its beauty all the days of your life.
-apache blessing


Enjoy


Love to all my friends and family!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Happy V-Day to you and yours ...and if you go to di-ablog there's a flower waiting just for you (and anyone else who has a complaint about the high costs of cards).

Can you send me Aunt Ann's e-mail address? And when I try to e-mail you from work, it always comes back. Take me off your spam block if you can.

Other than that, love you!
Your NJ sister.